More Scandals and Trading News in Football

What a whirlwind 48 hours for the NFL; first Peyton signs with the Broncos, then Tebow gets traded to the Jets for 4th and 5th round draft picks, and the sentence gets handed down on the Saints for their bounty system.  I have already discussed Peyton so there is no need to rehash that topic but moving onto to other Broncos news, wow do I feel bad for Tim Tebow he just got traded for barely anything.  I mean wow does that suck for him, especially as he wanted to go back to the South, well unfortunately for him that's not going to happen not for a long time.  Tebow is a polarizing figure for many people in the NFL his completely unconventional way of playing rubs people the wrong way and I am one of those people. I get it he wins games but barely and most times against good teams he struggles because his passing game is so completely horrible.  I think that if he worked on his passing game and learned how to throw the football better then there is a chance that he would become a good NFL quarterback but until that day comes in all honesty he should be a running back or punt returner.  He has the speed put him where he works best and get him to understand that he needs to become more flexible in his playing style.

Well next year the Saints will be without their head coach Sean Payton as he is suspended for a year by the NFL for not putting a stop to the bounty system that rewarded defensive players for tackles that caused serious injury to the opposing team.  I get it football is a rough sport and people get hurt while playing but to reward players for intentionally causing injuries that is something I cannot condone.  I know, that my friends who are Saints fans will not be too happy with what I write here but I would be saying the same thing if it was my team. This is despicable and there are other ways of tackling someone hard instead of injuring them.  I like that the NFL is finally taking a hard stand on intentional injuries and is putting its foot down.  I hope all teams learn a lesson from this and never ever put in a bounty system that rewards players for injuring other players.

A piece of news I meant to also write about is that Alex Smith signed the three year $24 million dollar contract with the 49ers.  I hope that everything that has happened this week with the whole Peyton thing doesn't mean that too many bridges need mending.  I think that Alex should understand that with Peyton in the mix every team was going to try and put their hat in the ring.  I do think that Alex Smith is our guy for at least a few more years, he played so amazingly well last year and I can't wait to see what he can do this year.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts