Football Update: Manning Mania is Headed to Denver

Yes you all read this right, Manning has given his agent the go ahead to open up negotiations with the Bronco's.  I think that for Peyton this may be the best place for him, and as Niner's fan who potentially had a chance at him, I still like this move.  He gets to play under a head coach who knows what he is doing and who has won Super Bowls with "aging" quarterback.  Not only does he get Fox as his head coach but he gets to work with Elway who will be the best person to help him start the transition to a post NFL career.  If Peyton couldn't be with the Colts this is where he belongs, not in the same conference or division as his younger brother.  I have a feeling that staying in the AFC was a major consideration for him because his bond with Eli is very strong. 

One thing I do have to say is that there are quite a few considerations when signing him which are his age and his injuries.  The biggest issue are the injuries and the 4 neck surgeries he has had this past year.  I will say the way Peyton plays his age shouldn't be a big factor but the injuries who knows exactly how he will be on the field come game day.  I know that the reports say that his throwing is as good as it was before his missed season but I want to hear more once training camp has started and he goes through a full practice complete with padding and full contact cause only then will we know if he is back at full strength.  I look forward to following more of Manning Mania.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and keep following my love affair with sports.

Comments

Popular Posts